How to Contact Us:
To contact the CDPH Epidemiology & Infectious Disease office Monday through Friday (except state holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., please call 770-514-2432.
For Public Health Emergencies after Business Hours and Statewide Disease Reporting, please call 1-866-PUB-HLTH (1-866-782-4584).
See Notifiable Disease Reporting Requirements
How to Report:
- Report cases electronically through the State Electronic Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (SendSS)
- Fax completed Notifiable Disease Reporting Form to 770-514-2313 (HIPAA secure fax)
- Call the Epidemiology office at 770-514-2432 during business hours
- Healthcare Providers call 1-866-PUB-HLTH
- Animal Bites/Rabies – Fax completed form to 770-514-2313
Epidemiology is the who, what, when, where, why, and how of diseases.
The Epidemiology/Infectious Disease Department provides infectious disease investigation, management, education, and prevention services to the residents of Cobb and Douglas counties. We consistently provide up-to-date information to state officials, media partners, schools and community leaders about potential epidemics in an effort to reduce their spread. CDPH is the direct point of contact for local disease control. Our staff keeps the community safe from all types of outbreaks and infections daily, tracking the source, preventing or reducing the spread, and providing medical referrals.
- “Disease Reporting Law”
- “Public Health HIPAA Exemption Letter”
- Notifiable Disease Reporting
- Travel Clinical Assistant
For More Information on a Particular Notifiable Disease:
- Georgia Department of Public Health: Georgia DPH Acute Disease Epidemiology A-Z Disease Index
- CDC: CDC A-Z Disease Index