In recognition of National Nutrition Month, Cobb & Douglas Public Health (CDPH) encourages residents to consider how their food choices add up over time and to take a moment to make every bite count. Whether you are planning meals to prepare at home or making selections when eating out, ‘Put Your Best Fork Forward’ to help find your healthy eating style.
Follow these tips to get started:
- Create an eating style that includes a variety of your favorite, healthful foods.
- Practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients.
- How much we eat is as important as what we eat. Eat and drink the right amount for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active.
- Manage your weight or lower your health risks by consulting a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
Remember to start small! Creating new eating habits and learning about new foods takes time, so do something each day to increase your healthy food knowledge and give your taste buds a chance to savor new flavors.
For more information about nutrition, visit www.eatright.org, www.dph.georgia.gov/nutrition-program or www.choosemyplate.gov.
About National Nutrition Month®
National Nutrition Month® is a nutrition education and information campaign created annually in March by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.